We all pay property taxes. Even those who rent are paying it through their landlord. Many Town services are excellent and provide good value, but some of them need improvement. I am committed to ensuring that Richmond Hill residents get good services across the entire Town, including:
- Ensure that windrow removal (the snow left at the bottom of your driveway by the snow plow) is timely for seniors.
- Ensure that contractors who repair roads and sidewalks, plant trees and plow roads are not only the lowest price, but also good quality.
- Allowing, only if the local residents want them, 40 km/h speed humps on major roads where people are speeding and/or ignoring stop signs.
- Reviewing the 3 hour residential street parking limits across the Town and allowing different rules in different neighbourhoods where warranted, instead of the current one-size-fits-all policy.
- Create drop-in programs for seniors and stop charging existing seniors' groups to use town space that already provide such a service.